Welcome to our Tips Page! Here we will provide some useful tips to make your household a non-toxic sanctuary for your family!
Check back often for more tips and useful recipes.
Some information to process: An EPA study done in 1998 (A Comparison of Indoor and Outdoor Concentrations of Hazardous Pollutants) concluded with the following facts:
- Indoor pollution levels are often 2-5 times higher than that of outdoor levels.
- Cleaning supplies and other hazardous household materials can often be the cause of the increased levels of indoor air pollution.
- Most commercial cleaning products contain toxins, which are volatile organic compounds such as ammonia and chloride for example.
- The toxins from these products can create many health problems for you and your family and can harm the environment, especially if used over time and if indisposed improperly.
Things YOU can do to prevent health problems for your family and do your part to protect the environment:
By switching to natural household cleaners you and help protect your family from the toxins in other cleaners commonly found on store shelves. They are better and can help save money, improve your homes air quality and benefits precious watersheds.
You can make effective and inexpensive cleaning products with ingredients that you probably already have in your home! Below is a common list of products that you may have that can be used for making your own green cleaning products at home!
- White distilled vinegar – the dilute acid in vinegar helps to cut grease and has many other uses.
- baking soda – used to clean and deodorize, it also increases the cleaning power of soap and can be used as a mild scouring powder.
- borax powder – a stronger agent than baking soda that cleans, deodorizes and disinfects.
- olive oil – a good non-toxic alternative to furniture polish. Food grade linseed oil also works well.
- salt – can be used as a non-scratching abrasive cleaner that has bacteria inhibiting qualities.
- distilled water – because of the lack of natural minerals it is better than tap water.
- essential oils (if desired) can increase cleaning power and gives fragrance to products.
Our Process Is Super Simple: call 518-207-6053 Today!